Fill out the enquiry form to book an appointment and get the price list.
Rhinoplasty can reduce or increase the size of the nose, change the shape of the tip, narrow the width of the nostrils, or change the angle between the nose and the upper lip. This operation can help correct firth defects, and nasal injuries, and help relieve some breathing problems.
There is not a universal type of rhinoplasty surgery that will meet the needs of every patient. Rhinoplasty surgery is customized for each patient, depending on his or her needs. Incisions may be made within the nose or concealed in inconspicuous locations of the nose in the open rhinoplasty procedure. Internal nasal surgery to improve nasal breathing can be performed at the time of the rhinoplasty.
The best candidates for this type of surgery are individuals who are looking for improvement, not perfection, in the appearance of their nose. In addition to realistic expectations, good health and psychological stability are important qualities for a patient considering rhinoplasty surgery. Rhinoplasty can be performed in conjunction with other surgeries.
Dr Deniz Kanliada is an expert Rhinoplasty and Septo Rhinoplasty Surgeon who is very well experienced and well known for his both good-looking and healthy breathing noses.
Open or Closed Rhinoplasty is decided by your surgeon. The only difference is a small scar in front of the nose which usually heals with no scarring.
Septo Rhinoplasty (Rhinoplasty + Septoplasty) :
If you have breathing problems, or if you have had facial or nasal trauma, your surgery needs to include a septoplasty to improve your breathing and provide better stability to your rhinoplasty results. Septum cartilage is the main support for the nose, and it needs to be stable, and as symmetric as possible to support the nose throughout your life.
Septorhinoplasty surgery needs more experience and knowledge and Dr Deniz Kanliada is one of the most experienced surgeons for both rhinoplasty and septo rhinoplasty surgeries.
Rhinoplasty takes about 2 hours on average and Septorhinoplasty takes about 3 hours
Rhinoplasty and Septorhinoplasty surgeries are performed under general anaesthesia
You can return to your daily activities in just 7-10 days.
There is no need for a hospital stay in London for surgeries.
Bruising (50%) and subconjunctival haematomas (dark circles around the eyes) (10%) may occur in cases in which we correct bony problems. To minimize this, we use ice packs for 24-48 hours postoperatively.
If osteotomies are performed nasal cast must be used (stays on for 7 days). Generally, we insert nasal silicone packing staying for 5 days inside your nose which will also support the nose and prevent bleeding. Open rhinoplasty patients will need to have their sutures removed on the 7th day postoperatively.
Nasal swelling generally happens and recovers in time. Usually, in the first month, it is observed in all cases but resolves in an increasing rate in first 3 months. 6-12 months is needed to see final results of your surgery.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT RHINOPLASTY/ SEPTORHINOPLASTY
- How should I prepare for a rhinoplasty / nose job surgery?
- During the consultation process you will be explained and sent the list of foods and medications to avoid before the surgery
- You will need to stop smoking before your surgery at least 3 weeks before the surgery, and alcohol 3 days before your surgery
- On the day of surgery, you will need to stop eating 6 hours and drinking 3 hours before your surgery
- Aspirin and other blood thinning medications must be stopped a week before your surgery
- Arnica tablets are also not recommended before your surgery
- What should I expect on the day of my Rhinoplasty surgery?
- Once you arrive to the hospital you will be seen by the ward nurses and anaesthesia team to do final checks of your blood tests, blood pressure, fever etc
- Your surgeon will do the final consultation and consenting to finalise and answer all questions
- After the surgery your surgeon will come and check you and explain your aftercare medications and after care instructions will be given
- Around 2 hours’ time you will be able to drink some water and once you feel comfortable to leave your relatives or family can pick you up from the hospital
- How painful is Rhinoplasty or Septorhinoplasty surgery?
- Rhinoplasty and Septorhinoplasty surgery are done under general anaesthesia, and you are given painkillers during the surgery and after the surgery. First 3 days you will need to take painkillers like paracetamol and co codamol. After 3 days pain starts to fade away.
- Every hour 10 mins of ice compress helps with the swelling and pain especially in the first 3 days,
- How can I clean my nose after my nose surgery (Rhinoplasty or Septorhinoplasty surgery)?
- Usually, we put silicone splints in the nose which allows you to breath through them. You will need to start spraying saline sprays inside the nose and silicones to keep them open
- Boiled and then cooled water and cotton buds can be used to clean some crusts and dried blood in and around the nostrils
- Can I blow my nose after Rhinoplasty?
- Blowing your nose first 3 weeks is not recommended, instead you can spray your nose couple of times a day and sniff in then spit out
- When can I get back to normal physical activity?
- You can start walking outside 7 days after your surgery
- You can start sexual activity after 7 days with precautions
- You can start gym and exercises 2 months after your surgery
- Contact sports like boxing, football etc is not recommended before 6 months
- You need to remove your all piercings before your surgery, and you can put them back on after the surgery except nose piercings
- We don’t recommend a nose piercing in the first year after a nose surgery